If you are a regular follower, you know that I’ve written a memoir about my mobility training and how God used my one hundred percent blind mobility instructor and training to change my outlook on my vision loss. If you are new to my blog, you might be interested in reading more about my book here. http://creativesorbet.com/amyblog/mobility-matters/
TIPS FOR THOSE
WITH LOW VISION
1. Slow down. Take a few extra minutes to assess your surroundings and avoid potential accidents.
2. Use consistent, strong (natural-type) lighting throughout your house. Use floor or table lamps with bendable fixtures to minimize glare. Otto-lite is a good brand.
3. Get honest. Tell others how they can help you.
4. Carry a small, rechargeable flashlight for dark areas and at night.
5. Have specific areas for frequently-used items, such as your keys, wallet, checkbook and purse.
6. Be pro-active with doctors, any changes in your vision and remain up-to-date on strides in medical advances.
7. Keep a positive outlook and a sense of humor about your life!
~ ~ ~
This is also a helpful link with tips by a Low Vision specialist.
You’ve read “Helpful Tips for those with Low Vision” © Copyright Amy L. Bovaird, April 2014. Do you know someone with low vision? If you have additional tips that would help, I’d love it if you’d share them in the Comments below. If you found this post and / or something in the video valuable, please LIKE it and SHARE it with your friends.